CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Good News for the future


In the upcoming GOP debate and also the President’s speech, I’m predicting we will hear a great deal of rhetoric about the burdens future generations will inherit because of the mistakes we have made. We already hear a lot about how the problems our nation faces are just going to be put on the backs of our children.


Well, I for one have great confidence in my children’s generation. Looking at even just what my oldest son and his friends do, I am blown away. They get themselves up at 5:15 am every morning to attend seminary class before school. They go to honors classes and do their homework without being asked. They participate in school activities and sports, and still make time for Boy Scouts and service and church. They’re not even 15 years-old! They are kind and smart and brave, not to mention wise. They know the importance of learning from the past (including studying history) and planning for the future.


I know I’m biased because I have such wonderful and amazing children. But if my kids represent even a little bit of what the future holds, then America will be in great hands!




(The handsome one in back with the suit and green tie is my son--yep, that's the face of the future--looks pretty good, doesn't it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment