CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Mom's Worries



I’m a mom. I worry.  Things I worry about the most: my children.

What legacy will our nation leave for them?

First, they will inherit the $16,000,000,000,000 debt.  The rate of our nation’s debt is NOT sustainable!  This is not the inheritance I had in mind for my kids. Mitt Romney will cut that debt and work towards a balanced budget.

Healthcare for my kids under Obamacare would look very different. It would consist of a board of 15 advisors (we don’t know who they are, and we don’t know what they will propose) who will run medicine more like a fast food restaurant menu—a list of things done in the same way for everyone, based on “evidence” of what’s generally good, not based on individual need.  This inevitably leads to rationing or prohibitive access to medical resources deemed “not worth the expense.” What happens then is the middle class won’t tolerate being told how to spend their money on treatment or what treatment they can or can’t receive, and they will seek care outside the government reach. This will NOT create more equity in healthcare delivery, but rather it will create a multi-tier system. The affluent will pay more to get better quality service, and they will not be going to municipal hospitals (for a great article on the subject, see “Cheesecake Factory Medicine” in August 28, 2012 WSJ).  I have experienced this multiple times while living in foreign countries—government-controlled health system was never the first choice for those who could afford private care.  For those who could not, they suffered through inconsistent, inefficient, less effective care.
Mitt Romney will work to repeal Obamacare and put the states in charge of their own healthcare reform.

I want my kids to go to college and chase their dreams.  Not only has the cost of college risen 25% under Obama, but the Census bureau and US Dept of Labor say that 53.6% of bachelor degree-holders under the age of 25 last year were jobless or underemployed.  I love my kids, but I don’t necessarily want them living in my basement forever because they can’t find jobs or create their own in an economy that doesn’t encourage entrepreneurship and small businesses.
Mitt Romney’s reforms will not only improve access and applicability to education, but improve the overall economy, growing businesses and opportunities for all. 

I grew up with a great love for our country.  I always believed it was a great blessing to live here and enjoy the abundant freedoms and opportunities here.  I knew the United States was special and was a place where people came to make their dreams come true.  I always felt we were the greatest nation on earth.  I want that same vision for my children.  I want them to inherit the same patriotism I developed as a child and grow the same love for the US that I have.
Mitt Romney understands America’s greatness and what it takes to maintain our strengths and liberties.  He will do all he can to be sure we pass down a lasting legacy of  peace, gratitude, and American greatness our children can depend on.  
Mitt Romney as President will help put mothers’ minds at ease.  I want that, and I’m pretty sure my husband and children would appreciate that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment